Known as the "two headed calf" these calves are conjoined twins. Born in about 1900 at Braunston they lived for only a few hours. Delivered by vet Justus Littler, Mr Littler preserved them and displayed the calves at his practice at Elgin Lodge, Melton.
During World War One and World War Two Mr Littler displayed the calves to raise money for the war effort. When the veterinary practice closed the calves were offered to the Museum Collections and have been on display in Melton Carnegie Museum since 1981.
Many visitors to the Museum remember the calves from the veterinary practice and later in the Museum.