Archaeological Illustration workshop
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020, 10:30 - 11:30
Venue: Facebook Live
Melton Museum is inviting Deborah Miles to choose a unique object for an online Archaeological Illustration workshop. Deborah previously worked with the University of Leicester's Archaeology and Ancient History department, and now runs her own art & heritage business, DM Artology.
You will learn more about the fascinating Roman bird brooch – and bring it to life through drawing, with Deborah's help and guidance.
With Deborah, you will be working in pencil to draw in the details and shade the artefact to make it look more 3D than 2D (more real!). This session is all about using your eyes to create a detailed pencil drawing of an archaeological artefact.
You will need to have the following ready;
- Print of the photo of the artefact from this page or have ready on your screen to refer to, but remember you will need to be able to watch the session as well
- For the little ones and the big ones! Print off the prepared template to draw inside and shade (visit the Facebook event page to download the template)
- A4 white paper or tracing paper
- HB pencil recommended, for softness to be able to shade and blend, or any B graded pencils
- Sharpener to keep a good point on your pencil
- Ruler if you need to measure in any details